Friday 24 July 2009

STYLE ICON #1 - VARGAS GIRLS







I thought it was about time I introduced you to some of my style icons that continually influence and inspire me. I have always adored the kitsch uber-feminine styling of the war-era pin-up girl. These illustrations made sex chic because of what they almost revealed, and have remained timelessly sexy and stylish, influencing celebrities from Amy Winehouse to Dita Von Teese. Oooh and I do love a good peep-toe slingback. Need to get a cone bra though…

Also I love how V.V. Brown has modernized the vargas girl's trademark fringe hair roll



GET THE LOOK: Fold fringe back, attach kirbygrips, apply 4 cans of hairspray and don’t go playing in the rain. Can also be achieved by putting folding your fringe back over a large roller

No comments:

Post a Comment